Volunteer at LiveFit
Join us at NZ's biggest health, fitness and wellness event!
LiveFit Health & Fitness Festival is an event showcasing and promoting health & fitness to kiwis that encourages them, and provides the tools for, living a healthier lifestyle.
We host over 70 experiences over two days that visitors to the vent can participate in or engage with including workouts/fitness classes,boot camps, yoga, sports, seminars, cooking demonstrations, workshops and more! It's an opportunity for people to find what they like and what suits them when it comes to fitness while also taking away tips and advice from experts across health & wellness.
The event itself runs Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th April 2021 and is held at The Trusts Arena in Henderson. We also have set up days on 8th & 9th April and pack down on 12th April.
We're looking for help in a number of areas! If you're 16 or over, perhaps have an interest or passion for events, health or fitness then this would be a great opportunity.
Roles we need volunteers for include:
We need people to help us scan the tickets of all those people attending the Festival as well as for our Box Office where people can buy tickets on the day. You would be responsible for collecting payment and providing tickets to those who wish to purchase tickets on the day.
As we mentioned, we host a number of features at the Festival and we need people to help us manage these and ensure they all run smoothly. These may include:
- Workout Areas - We have 2x Workout Studios running classes back-to-back every 30 or 45mins with a 15min changeover between each class. You may be needed to set up equipment, scan the tickets of those wanting to attend the class and do a quick wipe/clean/sanitise of any equipment or flooring before the next class starts and crowd control.
- Healthy Living Kitchen - This is where our live cooking demonstrations take place and our guests host these every hour for up to 45mins. We need people to ensure the ingredients and equipment they need for their session is ready to go (set up front of house) and cleaned after each session. We also need people to scan tickets of each person attending each session and help to get them seated for each session so that we can start on time, every time.
- Seminars - We have health & wellness experts sharing their knowledge every hour and need people to help us scan each attendee to the sessions and ensure they are all seated in time for the seminar to start. There may also be help needed to make sure the guest speaker has everything they need ready for their session.
- Yoga - Outside on the grass we have yoga sessions taking place and need people to help us manage this area and ensure the instructors are ready to go and that everyone attending is scanned into this area.
- General Event Assistance - There's a number of other areas that may need cover as and when needed so a few people may be required to provide assistance to these areas and be a general event information person for any enquiries or questions.
- Set up or Pack Down - We need people to assist us in getting the event ready for event days and packing everything down again at the end. This may include erecting/taking down signage, setting out/packing down chairs or tables, laying/picking up flooring in the workout areas, cleaning spaces, organising equipment and more.
Does that sound like a bit of you? Would you love to see the background workings of a large scale event like this? Then let us know and apply now.
What You'll Get
Lunch & refreshments
Experience working with a large event
Must be 16 years or over
Sign and abide by our Code of Conduct
Be available for the days and times you request
These times are approximate and may change as we get closer.
Thursday 8 April - 10:00am-4:00pm (SET UP DAY)
Friday 9 April - 10:00am-4:00pm (SET UP DAY)
Saturday 10 April - 8:30am-5:30pm (EVENT DAY)
Sunday 11 April - 8:30pm-5:30pm (EVENT DAY)
Monday 12 April - 8:00am-1:00pm (PACK DOWN DAY)